Le French May Arts Festival festival co-presents the first Hong Kong 48h VR Jam, from the 3rd to the 5th of May, in association with the Consulate General of France in Hong Kong and Macau and Wonda VR, in association with the Hong Kong Arts Centre, and supported by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust.
There is an ongoing revolution in film and storytelling. The ability to create new forms of production, immersive pictures and stories, increase opportunities in all areas of creation (fiction, documentaries, education, home entertainment, etc…
On the occasion of this VR Jam, we are inviting all stakeholders, young professionals and students in university and high schools to come together and share their insights, concerns, needs, vision, through a VR creativity session.
Instructions for submission
48h VR film Jam is open to all the creative professionals from:
- The audiovisual and the medias (film directors, sound and image technicians …),
- The performing arts (authors, theatre directors, choreographers, scenographers…),
- The digital (developers, graphist artists, game designers…),
- The artistic world (artists, curators, cultural mediation professionals…)
- The industrial trends (Information and communication technologies, brand content, tourism, robotics, aeronautics…)
It is also aimed at teachers, students and researchers who wish to initiate themselves to the conception and the creation of films in VR.
Dates and deadlines
Call for participation
Deadline of submission
Selection of participants by the jury and confirmation by email
VR jam schedule 2017
Day 1 (9am)
Kick off meeting, team presentation, first writing and storyboarding
End of storyboarding and shooting – first editing version
Editing end of post-production
Registration terms and conditions
- Registration is free (catering expenses not covered).
- You can apply as a team but each candidate will have to fill up and submit the form before April, 27th 2017
- Each candidate will have to fill up and submit the form before April, the 27th 2017
- A jury “organizers and partners” will make the selection of 15 participants
- Only individual participants for individual participants team will be composed by the jury, based on profiles
- Materials will be provided by the organization: VR masks, headsets, cameras, mic and editing software license – the participant should provide his laptop.
- All content produced during the session belong to the organizers and each member of the team
- Organizers and partners of the « Hackathon VR Institut français -WondaVR » are able to broadcast and integrate this content online support or within apps - names and copyrights must be mentioned
About Le French May Arts Education Outreach
With the aim of benefitting everyone, Le French May places importance on art pedagogy and education. Thanks to the support of partners such as The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, the general public experiences the essence of French art by participating our education and outreach programs.
Through its outreach programs, student schemes, educational tours, workshops, masterclasses and free performances, the Festival strives to reach the widest possible audience and contribute to the education of younger generations.
About the Hong Kong Arts Centre, the relevant destination for arts and creative inspirations in Hong Kong
HKAC is a multi-arts center that fosters artistic exchanges locally and internationally, bringing the most forward creations to Hong Kong and showcasing homegrown talents abroad.
HKAC stimulates innovation and promotes creativity. Being Hong Kong’s only independent non-profit multi-arts institution, HKAC offers exhibitions, screenings, and performances, connecting the arts of Hong Kong to the rest of the world through programs and collaborations.
Come to HKAC to experience, appreciate, learn and be inspired by arts.
Contacts and coordination of the program
. Souraya Kessaria
. Mandy Chung
In association with